A trampoline can provide a child with hours of fun, jumping up and down all day long with friends, improving their fitness at the same time, and reaching for the sky. It allows them to burn off energy so that they can concentrate and get the constructive rest they require.
But when it comes to your children, you might be wary of picking the wrong one. You want them to be safe but also able to explore, experiment, and jump far and wide.
Although trampolining itself poses its own risk of injury, just like any other activity such as climbing or skateboarding, there are things to consider when buying an indoor trampoline that might lower this risk of injury whilst still allowing your little one to create those long-lasting childhood memories.
Children, especially if they are young often don’t realize the dangers of activities such as trampolining and are eager to just hop on and start bouncing.
But it’s your job to ensure it’s set up correctly, you’ve taught your child the way around a trampoline, it’s in a safe location and most importantly, the trampoline itself is safe to use.
Luckily, I’ve written this article to help you make an informed decision on which best indoor kids trampoline to buy.
The design of the trampoline is constantly improving to bring you the highest quality equipment, that’s safe, reliable, and easy to set up, but I’ve put a list together of a few favorites to point you in the right direction.
I’ve also included a handy buyer’s guide and a list of frequently asked questions at the end of the article in case there was anything you were still unsure about. So, let’s jump in!
You may also like: Mini Trampoline for Kids – Reviews, Ratings, and Buyer’s Guide
First on our list is the Little Tikes 3’ Trampoline, which is perfect for toddlers from around 3-6 years old. It provides endless hours of safe jumping as the jumping area is large and the balance bar helps them to stay upright, pushing them to greater, yet safe heights.
It’s a great little indoor trampoline, small enough to fit in your living room, but with a pad that still allows children ample room for jumping up and down.
The trampoline is inexpensive yet durable with a plastic and metal construction and is great for toddlers to burn off all that extra energy without having to leave the house.
Although the plastic and metal materials promise to keep your little one safe, it’s only designed for toddlers up to 55 pounds, so if your child is heavier than this, ensure you opt for a different design to avoid injury.
If safety, durability, and portability are high on your list of priorities, the Little Tike 3’ Trampoline could be the one for you!
- Stable- Large jumping surface and handlebar.
- Durable- Plastic and metal constructions.
- Portable- Weighs only 13 pounds so can be moved easily.
- Easy to Assemble- 15-minute assembly time.
- Handlebar Foam- The foam on the handlebar is slightly fragile.
- Weight Limit- Can only hold up to 55 pounds.
- Perfect trampoline for toddlers to burn off energy
- Features large jumping surface and handle bar for stability
- Plastic and metal combination
- Trampoline is for indoor use only. Age- 3 to 6 years. Ground to top of handle bar- 34.00 inch H. Jumping surface to top of handle bar- 26.25 inch H
If safety is your number one priority, look no further than this Skywalker Trampolines Mini Trampoline. The trampoline comes in three different sizes, 60 inches, 48 inches, and 40 inches, meaning they’re an option for everyone.
This trampoline has a patented enclosure, which eliminates any gaps between the enclosure net and jumping surface which minimizes injury, and instead of using springs, the trampoline uses elastic cords, which maximizes its safety.
The netting is also made out of high-quality polyethylene so little fingers and toes will not get caught. Not only this but all SkyWalker products are tested for safety and durability to meet or exceed all American Society for Testing Materials ASTM standards.
The 360-degree padded handlebar is an extra safety precaution put in place to help stabilize less confident jumpers as they learn to reach for the sky and the base of the trampoline is made of durable powder-coated steel, so you can relax and not worry about the frame breaking and causing injury.
Not only is this trampoline safe, but it’s also fun. The 40-inch design for example features a round lily pad adventure that encourages number identification and animal recognition.
It also features a multi-color palette that will appeal to children of all ages. It’s designed for indoor use only and will entertain your children for hours.
Bear in mind however that the maximum weight capacity is 100 pounds.
- Safe- Patented enclosure, elastic cords, high-quality polyethylene netting and passes safety standards.
- Warranty- 3-year limited warranty available for the frame
- Fun Design– Lily pad adventure and multi-color palette
- Durable- Durable design with steel frame and 360-degree handlebar.
- Assembly– Assembly of the trampoline can be difficult.
- SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY: All of our products are tested for safety and durability to meet or exceed all American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM) standards, so your children can play worry-free
- DESIGN: This mini trampoline features 36 bungees instead of steel springs for a design with safety in mind. A 360-degree padded handlebar offers stability for your little jumper, and the enclosure net is sewn directly to the jump mat, eliminating gaps
- PROMOTES HEALTHY KIDS: Introduces young kids to a fun, active lifestyle. This mini trampoline provides a great way for your little ones to burn off energy, improve coordination and develop gross motor skills
- EDUCATIONAL PLAY: This mini trampoline features a fun, ocean animal-themed jump mat to encourage learning while playing! Your little ones can learn animal recognition while envisioning themselves on a seaside adventure with starfish, whales, and dolphins
Next on our list is this pelpo folding mini-trampoline. Pelpo as a company emphasizes safety and all of their products have passed the testing standard to give parents peace of mind.
The springs are closed-designed and are made of heavy-duty and stainless steel to maximize safety and durability, and the pad is extended so that it covers all the gaps between the mat and steel frame, which minimizes any risk of getting tiny toes stuck.
The trampoline doesn’t come with a safety net, yet is fitted with a removable handlebar, which offers extra stability for your child. It can also hold up to 180 pounds and so it is great for slightly bigger toddlers.
The design of this trampoline is also foldable and so can easily be moved about or put into temporary storage. It also comes with an extended pad with high toughness and is waterproof, making it easy to clean and resistant to wear or tear.
This pad should protect your child from any toe pinching. If you’re looking for a portable trampoline that doesn’t take up too much room, yet is safe, durable, and fun, this could be the perfect buy.
- Safe- Passes all testing standards and is made with durable materials.
- High Weight Load- Can hold up to 180 pounds.
- Personalization- Comes in two different colors to choose from.
- Portable- Foldable Design
- Extended Pad- Added extra safety and wear and tear-resistant.
- No netting- Requires adult supervision.
- Trampoline for Kids: Designed specifically for children. A gift for kids' healthy development. A combination of fitness and play
- Safety Protection: Spanning bending handrails provide enhanced jumping stability. Full foam wrap to prevent bumps and bruises
- Freeing Parents' Hands: a toy for your child to burn off energy. Passes the boredom and promotes physical growth and development
- Spring mechanism: 4 sets of 28 galvanised steel springs provide strong rebound. Specially designed drum springs tested for 80,000 cycles. pad covered design prevents metal scratches
- Storage and Carrying: Foldable design with detachable legs can be installed and stored in less than 5 minutes, which is convenient for storage or carrying outdoor
The Langxun trampoline is well-known in the trampolining world and for good reason. It’s safe, durable, and provides endless hours of active jumping for little bouncers.
It also has high weight support and can hold up to 330 pounds, yet is still only recommended for one bouncer at a time.
The design of the net keeps your kids extra safe and you’ll never have to worry about them falling through the gap, it’s even made of high-density, tight weave, UV treated PE thread.
The trampoline is built with a galvanized steel frame with T-sockets to stabilize the upper enclosure frame to the mainframe, which prevents any structural twisting and the springs are rust-resistant. Sounds like a perfect design right?
The trampoline is also super versatile and can be used indoors or outdoors. Its portable design allows you to take it outside when it’s sunny, but also bring it back when it rains or storms.
The yellow color is aesthetically pleasing and gives it an athletic feel and the L-type zipper design makes the netting easy and safe for your child to enter or leave the trampoline.
It even comes with a trampoline basketball hoop! What’s not to love?
- Versatile- Can be used indoors or outdoors.
- High Weight Load- Can hold up to 330 pounds.
- Safe- High-quality materials and products come with a German quality safety assurance.
- Fun- Excellent bounce and comes with a basketball hoop!
- Pad included- UV-Resistant Pad
- Hard to Assemble- Tools and instructions included for setting up the trampoline but picture instructions can be hard to follow.
- Why Choice LANGXUN? In the past 5 years, we have continued to upgrade and improve our products based on customer feedback. Compared with other similar trampolines, LANGXUN has more reliable quality and better experience than other brands. We accept comparisons with other brands, and if the quality is not better than them, we receive a full unconditional refund.
- Seamless design between the enclosure and the mat, Never need to worry that your kids will get stuck in the gap.The design of external net is different from that of other trampoline, so the trampoline has more space and more beautiful and durable and comfortable.
- Galvanized steel frame with reinforced T-sockets stabilize the upper enclosure frame to the trampoline frame and prevents structural twisting. The customized robust safety net is manufactured from high density, tight weave, UV treated, PE thread.
- The heavy gauged 3.5 inch springs provide superior bounce and are rust resistant. Jumping mat is made from heavy-duty, UV protection polypropylene for strength and durability.The yellow color design makes trampoline look more athletic and dynamic.
- The LANGXUN trampoline included a djustable hanging basketball hoop and a children's dart board.Multi-functional design, to provide kids with more fun to play. Perfect as a birthday gift and holiday gift for baby, toddler and kids. This is a great gift as their first trampoline.
The Ativafit folding trampoline is perfect for keeping kids active in the comfort of your own home. The Ativafit brand is designed to provide consumers with affordable sports and fitness equipment to better their active lifestyle and this includes kids’ indoor trampolines.
They strive to bring ‘Freedom, Attitude, Confidence and Energy’ to your home and are committed to providing reliable products and the latest technology. The Ativafit folding trampoline is a perfect example of this.
With a safe design, the trampoline is fitted with a foam-covered handlebar to improve stability. The foam cover stops any corrosion from sweat and extends its life whilst preventing kids from falling at the same time.
The trampoline also has high elasticity springs, which promise to protect little bouncers from injury if they fall on them.
The jumping mat area is also isolated from the springs which minimize the risk of toe pinching to zero and the frame is made of high-quality heavy-duty materials.
It’s also inexpensive and easy to install. It can even be folded for convenient storage and to save space, but also to move outdoors if the sun comes out, as this trampoline is safe for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Versatile- Can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Personalization- Comes in a range of different colors to choose from.
- Safe- High-quality materials and from a brand that values reliable products.
- Easy to Assemble- Easy to set up and fold away.
- Stong– Heavy-duty frame and industrial strength build.
- Loud- Can be noisy when bouncing.
- EASY INSTALLATION AND STORAGE: From box to fully assembled is in less than 10 minutes， can be folded for convenient storage or outdoor use, takes up no space
- SAFE DESIGN: Ativafit trampoline comes with a handle which is helpful to prevent your kids from falling off the trampoline mat, is safty for children to use. And with the high elasticity springs, protecting kids from hurt caused by falling onto springs.
- MULTIFUNCTIONEN: Helping to increase bone density as well as muscle control and coordination, which helps kids grow taller, improve circulation and reducing children's likelihood of obesity, make the relation between parents and children more closer.
- FOLDABLE AND SPACE SAVER: Easy folding and designed to fit small spaces in the gym or at home. Its convenient size lets you carry it from one spot to another without any hassle
- Good Quality: Made of heavy-duty frame, PP jumping mat, PVC safe pad cover, stainless steel springs, rubber-tipped leg tube and foam covered handle
It’s no secret that trampolines can be fun for kids. But trampolining is also a great way to expend energy, improve circulation, develop better fitness, improve parent-child relationships, and improve balance and coordination, and by buying a trampoline that’s suitable for use indoors, they can do all of this without leaving their home.
So what should you look out for now I’ve convinced you they’re a good investment to make your child happy?
Keeping your children safe is your number one priority and this is why when buying a trampoline, making sure it’s safe for your little one is vital.
Before buying your trampoline, check the safety options it has available, what materials were used to build the frame, and any added features it has to keep little bouncers away from harm.
Trampolining can be dangerous, especially for kids under 6 years old. so if you have a younger bouncer eager to have a go, ensure the trampoline is extra safe and designed for younger children.
It’s also worth researching what safety standards and tests the trampoline have passed before purchasing to give you that extra peace of mind. Whilst your child is busy bouncing, it’s also important to teach them how to bounce properly.
Usually, trampolines only hold one child at a time so and so keeping an eye on numbers is always wise.
They need to be taught not to do somersaults or flips unless under proper supervision from an experienced gymnast or they are wearing a harness, the jumping surface should be a ground level, everything should be padded, from the springs to bars and landing surfaces, nets are also advised, especially if there is no handlebar and most importantly, parents should always supervise.
Not only is checking the materials important for the safety of your child, but also important to check how long the trampoline will last. High-quality, long-lasting materials will greatly expand their lifespan and so it is something worth checking.
Each brand builds its trampoline differently and it’s important to research these brands beforehand. A good way to check durability is also by checking reviews from other buyers and seeing how long the product lasted for them.
A high-quality trampoline should be able to withstand all kinds of weather, conditions, and challenges, including being used every day by young enthusiastic bouncers.
Size and Weight
Different trampolines will come in different sizes and weights. Ensure you measure out where you will be putting the trampoline so that it fits and allows your child easy access to it without feeling too closed in.
The trampoline will also come with different size and weight limits. This means that certain trampolines will not be suited for your child’s weight, so ensure you check these before buying to avoid injury.
You also need to keep in mind that your child grows, so try and aim to buy something with a higher weight limit than your child so that it lasts them at least a few years.
Usability and Portability
Once that trampoline arrives, the last thing you want to do is have to spend hours and hours setting it up, this is why it’s important to check what tools and instructions are provided to help with assembly.
It’s also worth checking the reviews to see how long it took other consumers to put the trampoline together. Not only do you want your trampoline easy to set up, however, but you also want it to be easy to move around if necessary.
Even if your trampoline isn’t designed for outdoor use, a trampoline that’s not too heavy is better to have around the house in case you want to move it to a different room.
Some trampolines can also be folded up and put away into storage if you need that extra space or your child wants a break from bouncing.
Each trampoline will come with its own design, color range, and range of features. Do you want something small or big? Something with added features to make bouncing that bit more fun? Like a basketball hoop?
You are free to choose the design based on personal preferences and if it’s an indoor trampoline, based on your home interior too. Trampolines also come in different shapes from round to octagonal, to rectangular.
Round trampolines are great for recreational use indoors, octagonal are great for higher weight limits and offer more bounce and rectangular trampolines come in a variety of sizes but arent always widely available on the market.
With so much to choose from, it can be overwhelming. But remember, never put the design over the safety features as keeping your child safe should be the top priority.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the base of a standard trampoline?
A trampoline is an elevated buoyant canvas that is supported by springs or shock cords made out of elastic. It is surrounded by a metal frame and used as a springboard for tumbling.
It provides hours of jumping for all ages, improves activity levels, aids fitness, and betters circulation.
What are the different sizes of trampolines that are suitable to use indoors?
Trampolines come in a variety of sizes and weights, they range from small 36 inches to about 17 feet. The smaller trampolines come in 36, 38, 40, 48, 55 inches, 3 feet, and 7 feet.
Mini trampoline for adults or mini trampoline rebounders often come in 32, 36, 38, 40, and 49.
What is a trampoline made out of?
Most trampolines are made of four components: tubing, jumping mat, springs, and safety pads. The tubing makes the frame and legs and is often made of galvanized steel.
It’s also bought at a certain length and width from whichever supplier the trampoline chooses to buy from.
Can a child get hurt on a trampoline?
Studies show that children are more likely to be hospitalized from injuries and accidents that occur in a trampoline park than on a home indoor or outdoor trampoline, but accidents can be just as serious in both settings.
Sprains and fractures are more commonly seen in trampoline parks, but head injuries that still require hospitalization are more likely to occur on home trampolines.